An extraordinary book to help boost ones morale and also help perk-up results in both ‘personal and professional life’ a fabulous read, written with great skill and practical examples by Harry Paul.
It’s been a favourite of mine since college days, its very difficult to pin-point exactly why this book is so special, there are so many positive aspects of this simple story, that it would be unfair to choose any 1.
The book ‘Fish!’ helped me create a positive attitude amongst my team and together create a fun and happy workplace. It helped me cope with and understand today’s imperative work issues with a winning allegory. The message of the book is ‘LOUD and CLEAR’ which is relevant any organization, life and general day-to-day life—to be positive…Catch the Energy and Release the Potential!
Here are some key points that the author would like you to remember (and my favourite too):
- Think Positive/be positive (towards yourself and others/situations)
- Enjoy your work
- Increase in productivity (should be your focus in life)
- Learn to look forward to Mondays
- The mantra of workers should be, Thank God it's Monday!
- You can accomplish this if you live the FISH! Manifesto.
What is Fish! Manifesto?
- As you enter your place of work please choose to make today a great day.
- Your colleagues, customers, team members, and you yourself will be thankful.
- Find ways to play.
- We can be serious about our work without being serious about ourselves.
- Stay focused in order to be present when your customers and team members most need you.
- And should you feel your energy lapsing, try this surefire remedy: find someone who needs a helping hand, a word of support, or a good ear—and make their day by offering to HELP.